SAN FRANCISCO—The result of winning a highly competitive selection process with Chevron to acquire, remediate and build on two sites, DM Development aims to catalyze redevelopment of the northern gateway and provide housing to a neighborhood with historically low inventory.
San Francisco Headlines
BERKELEY, CA—A decision was rendered for a large-scale development dispute, with opponents challenging the Environmental Impact Report certification for The Residences at Berkeley Plaza, an 18-story mixed-use development.
PLEASANTON, CA—The Diablo Technology Center within the Hacienda Business Park gets new ownership after seller Ridge Capital Investors LLC invested in significant common area, landscape, signage and tenant space improvements, signifying the value to be had in office/R&D assets.
SAN RAMON, CA—After much anticipation, Roundhouse Market is finally open at Bishop Ranch, along with a lease signed for THE LOT, a luxury cinema experience and dining destination, which will open THE LOT City Center, and GE is expanding to 350,000 square feet there as well.
More San Francisco Headlines
- Middle Market Digest: This Week in the North West
- Gap Between Wages and Rental Costs Continues to Grow
- Construction Progresses on Multifamily Phase Two Near BART
- Densifying Neighborhoods Key to Providing More Housing
- Middle Market Digest: North West
- Retrofit Preserves 100-Year-Old Napa Valley Landmark
- Financing is Largest Commercial PACE Transaction Thus Far
- Rethinking Mixed-Use
SOUTH FLORIDA—The sector is a preferred asset class for investors looking to deploy capital in South Florida. But with so much inventory coming online, lenders are beginning to pull back.
LOS ANGELES—An expert group of panelists at last week’s RealShare Apartments conference say that there are some core markets, especially in the gateway cities that are being overbuilt.
LOS ANGELES—During a special keynote luncheon presentation at RealShare Apartments, Hessam Nadji, president and CEO of Marcus & Millichap, discusses the many “amazing statistical facts” that are supporting the industry.
More National Headlines
- Spirit Realty Sells Back Properties from ’07 SLB
- Birch Capital CEO: Why I’m Going Ahead with Tradepoint Atlantic EB-5’s Fundraising
- Honest Buildings Expands Platform to Multifamily
- An Economic Three-Ring Circus
- Should Multifamily Developers Focus on Suburban Locations?
- Retirees’ Income Secret: Listed REITs
- Creative Office: What’s the Magic Mix of Offerings?
- One Year Later HCP Closes on 526-Unit Portfolio
In honor of Forum's 70th Anniversary, we have taken a look back at some of the people, deals and decisions that have helped to shape the industry over the past seven decades, and took a look ahead at the trends that will likely impact its future evolution.
Commercial Real Estate Events
Sectors to Watch
Most Popular Stories
NEW YORK CITY—In this its largest US market, a new law has been put into place that could drastically curtail the company’s business here.
NEW YORK CITY—Major League Baseball has signed a new lease for approximately 400,000-square-feet at 1271 Ave. of the Americas. The iconic 48-story…