Retailer Lorna Jane Expands With 11 Cali Leases
New Event! Expand your network at RealShare San Diego on May 28.
SANTA MONICA, CA-GlobeSt.com has exclusively learned that Australian women’s activewear retailer Lorna Jane has expanded its presence in the US with 11 new leases throughout the Southern California region. The tenant has taken prominent retail sites in Santa Monica, Woodland Hills, Glendale, Irvine and Huntington Beach, as well as a warehouse for the support of these sites and online fulfillment in Santa Monica.
Scott Lifschultz, founder and president of SPL Realty Partners, represented Lorna Jane in the leasing transactions. The locations that SPL has secured for the retailer include:
- Santa Monica Place, Santa Monica, CA—a prime end-cap location across from True Foods
- The Promenade at Westlake, Westlake Village, CA—a 1,650-square-foot space formerly occupied by M. Fredric Kids.
- Westfield Topanga, Woodland Hills, CA—a 2,010-square-foot space formerly occupied by Nine West in the Nordstrom Wing
- Glendale Galleria, Glendale, CA—more than 33 ft. of frontage sitting adjacent to L’Occitane across from Coach
- Irvine Spectrum, Irvine, CA—a 927-square-foot store near Adidas, Oakley, Buckle, Lids, Hollister and ANGL
- Bella Terra, Huntington Beach, CA—a 2,085-square-foot space between ANGL and No Rest For Bridget
- Brentwood, Los Angeles—a 4,000-square-foot, two-level space at 11715 San Vicente Blvd. that utilizes the second floor for the US company headquarters and the ground floor for retail
- Westfield Fashion Square, Sherman Oaks, CA—a space formerly occupied by Betsey Johnson, located directly across from a high-volume Sephora in center court.
- Shops at Mission Viejo, Mission Viejo, CA—expected lease signing by the end of September of a 1,966-square-foot space formerly occupied by Apricot Lane
- Westfield Century City, Century City, CA—a 1,031-square-foot, newly created space near Louis Vuitton and Sephora
- Santa Monica Warehouse, Santa Monica, CA—a roughly 5,000-square-foot warehouse that services retail stores and provides fulfillment of online US orders.
“There will be 11 or 12 stores open by the end of this year, with another 20 new stores slated for 2013,” said Lifschultz in a prepared statement. “This is not about just opening stores; there is a much greater picture here. It’s about building a brand, awareness and giving the customer a choice.”
As GlobeSt.com previously reported, in February 2011 Lifschultz formed SPL Realty Partners to represent major retailers, owners and developers throughout Southern California and the US. Lifschultz, a veteran of more than 20 years in the commercial real estate industry, was previously a senior vice president with Robert K. Futterman & Associates in Santa Monica.
Attend RealShare Conferences to hear from prominent speakers and meet the commercial real estate elite. Check out the schedule of events!
You can now be notified via email if this story is updated by clicking on the "Follow this Story" link. You must be a registered member to take advantage of this "members only" benefit.