Le Meridien to Add Nine Hotels This Year
Create awareness, drive traffic and generate leads with an online listing in GlobeSt.com's Preferred Resources directory. Add your company today.
NEW YORK CITY—Embarking on a rapid expansion spree, Le Méridien Hotels & Resorts has announced a pipeline of nine new hotels to open within the next year. Since its acquisition by Starwood Hotels & Resorts in 2005, the flag has been transformed into a contemporary, design-led lifestyle brand.
According to the company, the Le Méridien brand has had more new hotel deals signed in the past year than in the previous four years combined. The nine new hotels include:
- Le Méridien Bali Jimbaran: the 118-room property is slated to open Jan. 31 on Bali’s southwestern coast.
- Le Méridien Atlanta Perimeter: Following a multi-million dollar, 18-month renovation, Le Méridien Atlanta Perimeter will open with 275 rooms on Feb. 21 in the Dunwoody, GA.
- Le Méridien Zhengzhou: the 350-key asset will open in May 2013 in the capital of Henan Province, China.
- Le Méridien Saigon: located in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, June 2013 will see 350 new guestrooms added to the market.
- Le Méridien Dhaka: located between the central business district and Shahjalal International Airport in Bangladesh, the 300-room property will open in July 2013.
- Le Méridien Cairo Airport: the 350-room property, to open in September 2013, will be the only hotel with direct access to Cairo International Airport terminals.
- Le Méridien Jiaonan Resort: to open in Qingdao, China in October 2013, the asset sits on the shore of the Yellow Sea in the Shandong Province.
- Le Méridien Mahabaleshwar Resort & Spa: also slated for an October 2013 debut, the asset will sit near the city center on Satara Road, the resort is 90 minutes from the Pune International Airport in India.
- Le Méridien Chicago – Oakbrook Center: the only property to open next year (January), the 172-room hotel will be directly adjacent to shopping center Oakbrook Center. The asset is set to undergo a $20-million transformation prior to its debut.
“Le Méridien has soared under Starwood, with a new design perspective and truly unique positioning that helps guests unlock their destination through culture and cuisine,” says Brian Povinelli, global brand leader of Le Méridien and Westin Hotels. “After significant investment and consolidation, Le Méridien boasts its best portfolio ever, and this will be a milestone year for us as we welcome an unprecedented number of new hotels into our ever-growing family.”
For more insight on lodging and hospitality sector, check out GlobeSt.com's NEW columnist, HREC Investment Advisors' Geoffrey E. Davis, as he provides insights on the current state of hotel investment.
You can now be notified via email if this story is updated by clicking on the "Follow this Story" link. You must be a registered member to take advantage of this "members only" benefit.