National Small Business Week is coming up the week of May 20th. That week, many of the nation’s small businesses and entrepreneurs will gather in Washington DC for seminars, networking, awards and recognition of those making an impact to the small business community.
SBA lenders and CDCs have large Standard Operating Procedures to deal with. I spend a lot of my time educating the SBA finance community about just one piece of that – the environmental investigation requirements of the SOPs. We want to make the environmental requirements a little bit more manageable with some good information and discussion. Each fall the SBA updates the SOP for 7(A) and 504 loans, and this October Partner will be hosting a webinar to review the latest updates on SBA environmental due diligence. The webinar will cover the following:
- Overview of the updated SBA Environmental Investigation requirements of SOP 50 10 5 for loan originations and SOP 50 51 for liquidations;
- Steps of an SBA Environmental Investigation;
- Overview of NAICS codes and what properties require an environmental report, and which kind of environmental report;
- Common environmental issues;
- Environmental appeals process;
- SBA reliance letter; and
You can sign up for the webinar here.
If you are interested in participating in the National Small Business Week Conference remotely, you can sign up for the live webcasts – more information here.