SAN ANTONIO-A groundbreaking will take place on Saturday, Jan. 26 on a four-story, 150,000-square-foot hospital on the city’s northwest side. The 54-bed hospital is the latest development for Forest Park Medical Center, and will include 12 operating rooms, two procedure rooms, a lab, a pharmacy and a cafeteria.
The new hospital will be at 5510 Presidio Pkwy. at the intersection of Interstate 10 and Loop 1604. Completion on the $90 million project is scheduled for the second half of 2014.
The project team consists of
- Neal Richards Group, owner/developer
- Vibrant Healthcare, operator
- BOKA Powell, design architect
- Rogers-O’Brien, general contractor
The groundbreaking will begin at 3 p.m. with guest speakers including
- Dr. Richard Toussaint, co-founder, Forest Park Medical Center
- Dr. Bob Wyatt, co-founder, Forest Park Medical Center
- Derrick Evers, CEO, Neal Richards Group (owner/developer)
- Nick Summerville, COO, Neal Richards Group
- Don Powell, principal, BOKA Powell (design architect)