FAIRFAX, VA-Guardian Realty Management secured multiple leases for its properties in Northern Virginia in recent weeks, brokered by Lincoln Property’s Eamon McCrann and Karen Wright.
The leases include:
• Team Askin Technologies inked 15,770 square feet at Greenbriar Corporate Center, located at 13135 Lee Jackson Highway in Fairfax;
• Array Information Technologies is taking 2,542 square feet, also at Greenbriar Corporate Center);
• Bridges Therapy has secured 2,232 square feet at 50/66 Office Plaza, 11166 Fairfax Boulevard, in Fairfax;
• Apextech has signed on for 2,595 square feet at One Courthouse Metro, 2200 Wilson Boulevard, Arlington, VA;
• AJW Energy and Environmental Strategies took 4,554 square feet at 2200 Wilson Blvd. in Arlington.
Trends on both the buy and sell side pushed these leases across the finish line.
McCrann tells GlobeSt.com that the leases are a testament to Guardian’s aggressive approach when it comes to leasing. “The company chases deals,” he says. “Even in down markets, it pursues high occupancies in its buildings. It understands the competition and creates aggressive economic terms.”
The brokers on the other side of these deals also helped nudge the transactions along, Wright tells GlobeSt.com. Most of the leases were being marketed in 2012 and the brokers wanted to close the deals by year end before the higher taxes widely expected to go into effect in 2013 actually kicked in. “There was definitely an element of that,” she says.