NEW YORK CITY-We’ve featured a great range of women in the commercial real estate industry thus far as part of our weekly interview series that it seemed to make perfect sense to showcase all the great women in one post. And so, this week, that’s precisely what we’ve gone and done. Click through to catch up on past interviews and be sure to keep checking back each Wednesday for a new industry superstar or organization that supports women in commercial real estate.
- Beth Machen, 2013 president of IREM
PART I: Women a “Great Fit” For CRE - In part one, Beth describes how she arrived in the commercial real estate industry.
Part II: Mentoring, Passion for CRE Lead to Success - Beth highlights how women can thrive in CRE – and how best to kick start one’s career, as a woman.
- Heidi Hendy, founding principal of H. Hendy Associates
CRE Has Grown Up – Finally - The commercial real estate industry is no longer a “boy’s club,” avers Heidi
- Jana Turner, principal of RETS
Women Can Move to the Top - CRE is increasingly more welcoming to women – Jana says this is a good sign moving forward
Jamie Addeo,CRESA New York’s vice president
CRESA NY’s Addeo: Hard Work Pays Off - There’s no difference if you’re male or female in the commercial real estate industry, because hard work will take you far.
- Adelaide Polsinelli, Eastern Consolidated’s senior director
Dignity. Self-Respect. Humor: Keys to CRE Success - Adelaide presents her insight into sparkling NYC neighborhoods, and how one can be successful as a woman in the commercial real estate industry.
- Emily Watkins, senior vice president corporate client development at JLL
The Future is Bright – And Flexible - Emily sees social media and flexible office as two upcoming commercial real estate trends.
- Patricia Lancaster, professor, construction management at NYU Schack Institute of Commercial Real Estate
Modular Construction to Take Off in 2013 -Patricia’s views on modular construction and the rapidly developing Hudson Yards and West Side projects.
- Jill Lerner, 2013 President of American Institute of Architects New York
NYC Construction “Amazes” with Distinctive Architecture in 2013 - Jill talks about talks with us about her new role and this city’s continued brilliance and innovation this year.
- Margaret Nee, 2013 CREW-Miami president
2013: The Year for Risk and Reposition in FL? - Margaret discussed where Florida market is headed this year. She also alluded to CREW-Miami’s growth and her enthusiasm for her new role.
- Barbi Reuter, principal at Cushman & Wakefield and PICOR Real Estate Services
New Moves for Tucson CREW - Barbi highlighted her plans for the local CREW chapter in 2013, increased industry use of social media and her predictions for market changes in the new year.
- Linda McDonough Cassidy Turley’s senior vice president
CRE Ups its Social Media Game - Linda covered how the commercial real estate industry can benefit from online technologies, and how women are upping their presence in the field.