ROUND ROCK, TX-LA Fitness will open two new locations, one locally and the other in San Antonio. As a result, the sports club chain will begin construction in September on the Round Rock facility; construction is already underway in San Antonio at the Military Crossing shopping center.
In Round Rock, the 35,000-square-foot facility is at SH 620 and O’Connor Drive. The San Antonio location, consisting of 45,000 square feet on five acres, is at Loop 410 and Military Drive.
John Zikos, Jonathan Cooper, and Chris Booras of Venture Commercial represented LA Fitness in both deals, working with Walt Brown, Jr. and Tim Dollander of Diversified Partners, master brokers for LA Fitness in the Southern US.
The landlord on the Round Rock lease, Barclay Real Estate Services, LLC, was self-represented. Whit Jordan and Thomas Tyng of REATA Real Estate Services represented the landlord in the San Antonio sale.
“These two latest deals mark a continued aggressive expansion for LA Fitness into Central Texas, and we look forward to helping them secure more locations in this rapidly growing market,” Zikos says.
- A2Z Property Management Inc. acquired the 4,774-square-foot Oakland Apartments at 317 N. 17th Dr. for $220,000. Carrick Sears with Sperry Van Ness represented the seller.
- Fort Worth-based Morris-Floyd Capital Partners acquired the 159,000-square-foot Wolflin Village at 2015 S. Georgia St. from Dunhill Partners. Morris-Floyd purchased the center with existing financing assumed from Wells Fargo. Chris Cosby and Chris Gerard of CBRE brokered the sale.
- English Village Holdings purchased 66 units at 300 W. Pioneer Pkwy. Taylor Snoddy, Philip Wiegand and Mark Freeman with Transwestern represented the seller.
- A 1,662-square-foot bank-owned property at 501 Oakland Ave. has sold. Carter Bailey and Tucker Francis of Retail Solutions represented the buyer.
- Thomas & Stacey Webb sold 15,575 square feet of retail space at 3111 Loy Lake Rd. Steve Williamson and Greg Cannon with Transwestern represented the seller.
- Donovan Marine sold a 24,125-square-foot building at 6642 Baker Blvd. to Wayne Rankin Trustee. Allen Gump, Allyson Gump with Colliers International and Randall Walker with the Industrial Group represented the seller. Todd Hubbard with NAI Robert Lynn represented the buyer.
- A private buyer operating under the name 11251 LP acquired the 28,584-square-foot Hostgator Building at 11251 Northwest Fwy. The tenant, Hostgator, will vacate the building in the next few months to consolidate operations at a larger building. The buyer was represented by Carlos Bujosa of Transwestern. The seller was represented. Logan Brown Investment Real Estate.
- Sun NLF Partnership Ltd. sold 4.6 acres at the Northwest corner of Houston School and Wintergreen Roads. W. Thurston Witt with UCR Dallas represented the seller. Pax Glenn, Sr. represented the buyer, Clyde Hargrove.
- The 30,000-square-foot former Buddy Gregg RV Center at 1206 N. Stemmons Fwy. was sold by U.S. Bank as trustee for Lehman Bros. to 700 Days LLC. Henry S. Miller Brokerage’s Dan Spika and Jim Turano represented the seller.
- Saddlecreek Coffee Company leased 1,989 square feet of retail space at the Shops at Dynamite Creek at 28212 N. Tatum Blvd. Sperrry Van Ness’ Greg Vanlerberghe and Erin Schrauth represented the landlord.
- Ideal Physical Therapy leased 1,975 square feet of office space at 333 E. Osborn Rd. Justin Horwitz with Sperry Van Ness represented the tenant.
- A 4,397-square-foot nightclub will open at McDowell Shops, 2438 E. McDowell Rd. Greg Vanlerberghe and Erin Schrauth with Sperry Van Ness represented the landlord in the transaction.
- Mail & Copy Center leased 1,300 square feet at Scottsdale Commons; 7119 E. Shea Blvd. Sperry Van Ness’ Shari A. Tucker and Trent McCullough represented the tennt. Kurt Kalocin with SRS Real Estate Partners represented the landlord.
- Harmony Public Schools, operated by the Cosmos Foundation, signed a new 5,538-square-foot lease at 1981 Stadium Oaks Court. Judy Nitzinger with SCM Real Estate Services represented the landlord, and Loren Hilliar with Metro Commercial represented the tenant in this transaction.
- Mike Robertson CPA expanded and renewed his 1,192-square-foot office lease at Green Oaks Office Centre, 4381 W. Green Oaks Blvd. Beaux Riley with SCM Real Estate Services represented the landlord in this transaction.
- Austin Sports Medicine renewed its 1,300-square-foot space at Anna Plaza, 13201 RR 620. Andrew Perkel of Retail Solutions represented the landlord.
- Cedro Restaurant leased 2,276 square feet at Lakeline Market, 14028 SH 183. Herman Tjahja and Carter Bailey of Retail Solutions represented the tenant, and Dan Wheat of Barshop & Oles represented the landlord.
- Night Terrors Haunted House leased 11,322 square feet at Sonesta West. 13096 Research Blvd. Brian Harris and Tucker Francis of Retail Solutions represented the landlord.
- Metro PCS leased 1,125 square feet at Southmost Retail Center, 2905 Southmost Rd. Horacio Gallegos, CCIM of Retail Solutions represented the landlord, and Joey Lumstren of NAI Houston represented the tenant.
- Protective Packaging Corporation leased 18,292 square foot of industrial space at 1746 W Crosby Road, Carrollton, TX. John Fulton with Transwestern represented the landlord.
- Cardlab, Inc. leased 5,940 square feet of office space at 5001 Spring Valley Rd.. Kim Brooks, Justin Miller and Scott Walker with Transwestern represented the landlord.
- Eland Energy, Inc. leased 22,458 square feet at 13455 Noel Rd. from GT Dallas Properties LLC. Scott Morse with Citadel Partners represented the tenant. Chris Lipscomb with Colliers International represented the landlord.
- First Choice Bargains leased 10,800 square feet at 4656 Leston. Phil Rosenfeld and Matt Thompson with Colliers International represented the landlord, Regal Business Center. Floyd Bates with Bates & Myers Co represented the tenant.
- Life Account, LLC leased 8,898 square feet of office space at 3102 Oak Lawn. Duane Henley and Justin Miller with Transwestern represented the landlord.
- Savitz Research Center leased 13,726 square feet of office space at 13747 Montfort Dr. Jeff Anderson with Transwestern represented the landlord.
- Which Wich Superior Sandwiches’ corporate headquarters leased 14,000 square feet at Adolphus Tower at 1412 Main St. Carla Machulis with Henry S. Miller Brokerage represented the landlord in the direct deal with the tenant.
- ISIS sublet 2,956 square feet at Wells Fargo Tower, 221 N. Kansas. The office will serve as the Washington, D.C.-based company’s new regional headquarters. Christian Perez Giese with CBRE represented ISIS. Rebecca Rojas, with CBRE represented the sublandlord in negotiations. The property’s landlord is Madison River Investments LLC.
- Texas Gymnastics Academy leased 7,100 square feet at 10th Street Village. Ryan Hoff and David Simmonds of Retail Solutions represented the landlord, and Russell Deiley of Real Living Best Homes Realty represented the tenant.
- Wickman Agency has expanded into a 1,893 square feet lease at the Chase Bank building, 3200 Broadway Blvd. Beaux Riley with SCM Real Estate Services represented the landlord in this transaction.
- C&L Warehouse leased 10,000 sf of warehouse space at 1185 109th St. from Gardiner Properties Ltd. Jim Ferris with Bradford Commercial Real Estate Services, represented the tenant. Mark Lemke of Providian Realty Group represented the landlord.
- Blade Energy Partners expanded to 7,800 square feet at 16285 Park Ten Place Dr. Anthony Squillante and Jeremy Hunt of Stream Realty provided tenant representation for Blade Energy Partners. Tony Allen of Pollan Hausman Real Estate Services, LLC negotiated for the landlord, FSP Park Ten Limited Partnership.
- Camara & Sibley LLP leased 5,254 square feet of office space at Five Post Oak Park at 4400 Post Oak Pkwy. Randy Wilhelm of NAI Houston represented the tenant in the transaction. JP Hutcheson of Cassidy Turley represented the landlord, SRI NINE FIVE POP, LP.
- Dexco Polymers, a subsidiary of TSRC Corp. of Taiwan, renewed 7,600 square feet at 12012 Wickchester Lane. Anthony Squillante and Jeremy Hunt of Stream Realty Partners provided tenant representation for Dexco Polymers in the transaction. Rachel Williams negotiated for the landlord, Parkway Properties.
- Quality Metalcrafts leased 15,280 square feet at Pine Timbers Distribution Center #2, 4660 Pine Timbers. Travis Land of NAI Houston represented the tenant in the lease negotiations. Jon Michael and Ed Bane, also of NAI Houston, represented the landlord.
- T-Mobile leased 2,625 square feet at Fuqua Retail Center, 11200 Fuqua. Simon Ha of Retail Solutions represented the landlord, and Glenn Dickerson represented the tenant.
Philip Armes, Paul Coonrod and Craig McKenna with Stream Realty Partners represented the landlord in the following negotiations:
- Waddell & Reed’s 4,552-square-foot lease at 1717 St. James.
- Tahirih’s 3,630-square-foot renewal at 1717 St. James.
- Stephen King Insurance’s 617-square-foot lease at 1500 S. Dairy Ashford.
- Cigniti Inc. signed a 9,464-square-foot renewal and expansion, adding 6,372 square feet in Waterway Tower, 433 E. Las Colinas Blvd. Sharon Friedberg and Melanie Hughes with Bradford Commercial Real Estate Services represented the tenant. Fletcher Cordell of Transwestern represented the landlord, CP Waterway LLC.
- Gourmet Foods Inc. leased 8,320 square feet at 400 Union Bower from Business Park at Union Bower LP. Ryan Boozer with the Mercer Co. represented the landlord. Phil Rosenfeld and Matt Thompson with Colliers International represented the tenant.
- New Leaf LLC leased 10,537 square feet of office space at 909 Lake Carolyn. Kim Brooks, Justin Miller and Scott Walker with Transwestern represented the landlord.
- SITA, SC leased 4,956 square feet of office space at Tower 909. Kim Brooks, Justin Miller and Scott Walker with Transwestern represented the landlord.
- Rudy Associates leased 22,175 square feet of industrial space at 4130 Eden Rd. Todd Hawpe with Transwestern represented the tenant.
- Birdie’s Boutique leased 2,889 square feet at Market in Kingwood, 1580 Kingwood Dr. Simon Ha of Retail Solutions represented the landlord.
- Reflexology and Foot Massage leased 1,200 square feet at the Village at Lexington Colony, 4767 Lexington Blvd. Simon Ha of Retail Solutions represented the landlord.
- AIO Wireless leased 1,197 square feet at Pfluger Crossing at the southwest quadrant of Farm-to-Market 685 Pflugerville Parkway. TJ Powell of Retail Solutions represented the landlord, and Adam Zimel & Britt Morrison of Weitzman Group represented the tenant.
- State Farm Insurance leased 1,650 square feet at Savings Square, 6703 Bandera Rd. Tim McBrearty of Retail Solutions represented the landlord.
- Sun Loan Co. leased 1,366 square feet at Mission Plaza, 1139 SE Military Dr. Kay Lewis of Retail Solutions represented the landlord, and Robert Grant of R.P. Grant Company represented the tenant.
- Langford Market leased 1,515 square feet at 214 N. LBJ. Brett Gissler of Retail Solutions represented the landlord, and Rance Wilemon of PLATFORM Real Estate represented the tenant.
- Transwestern has been awarded the leasing assignment for a 50,000-square-foot, mixed-use development in Houston’s Museum District. The Class A project is located at 1801 Binz in the Museum District and is scheduled for completion in the fourth quarter of 2013. Currently, 1801 Binz is 60% percent preleased. Nelson Udstuen will lead Transwestern’s leasing team on behalf of the property owner, Balcor Commercial LLC.
- Greg Guglielmino has joined Colliers International as senior associate. Prior to joining Colliers, Guglielmino was an investment associate with Marcus & Millichap’s Phoenix office. Guglielmino holds a Bachelor of Interdisciplinary Studies in Small Business and Psychology and graduated Magna Cum Laude from Arizona State University.
- John Taylor has joined HRR as managing director for the company’s Austin office to focus on investment sale transactions in Austin and San Antonio. Taylor joins HFF from Jones Lang LaSalle, where he was a senior vice president and leader of the capital markets group for Central Texas. He has also worked in the capital markets groups at Trammell Crow and CBRE. Taylor is a graduate of Baylor University with a B.B.A. in Entrepreneurship/Marketing.
The Woodmont Co. has hired Gwen MacKenzie as president of Brokerage Services. MacKenzie will be charged with growing the firm’s brokerage business. Her more than 25 years in the industry includes jobs with Federal Realty Investment Trust, Sperry Van Ness and Donahue Schriber. MacKenzie is a cum laude graduate of Pepperdine University’s George L. Graziadio School of Business and Management.
Woodmont has also promoted several executives including:
- Karen Mitchell to executive vice president.
- Peter Jacobsen to vice president.
- Trip Green to vice president.
- Grant Gary to vice president.
- Bryan Dyer to vice president.
- Lucian Bukowski has joined CBRE’s office occupier team as executive vice president. He previously worked at Jones Lang LaSalle. Bukowski graduated Magna Cum Laude from Texas A&M University’s Business Honors Program.
Boxer Property recently hired the following:
- Patrick Avella as chief engineer, HVAC.
- Christopher Ball as a property manager.
- Vince Wyatt as construction manager.
- Kyl Waterwall as construction manager.