The Drever The Drever at 1401 Elm St. is getting a facelift.

DALLAS—Legendary Texas oilman H.L. Hunt sought the highest quality materials available during the construction of the former First National Bank of Dallas building, originally importing the dense veined white marble slabs from Greece, in the same quarry used to build the Parthenon. Now known as The Drever, the skyscraper was originally designed by architects George Dahl and Thomas E. Stanley, and has been home to Hunt Oil, the Dallas Petroleum Club and the staged office set for fictitious JR Ewing’s Ewing Oil in the television program, “Dallas”. The mid-century tower’s distinctive façade was often compared to the pin-striped fabric of a traditional banker’s suit because of the repeating pattern of white marble and dark gray floor-to-ceiling windows.