Duffy on CRE Principals and Retirement
NEW YORK CITY—In a follow-up interview to his recent column "Do Real Estate Principals Ever Really Retire," Stephen Duffy of GlobeSt.com Thought Leader Moss Adams expands on his article, going further into the difficulties of retiring.
The majority of real estate principals are nearing the age when transitions become a concern, Duffy says. But, as Duffy explains, because the current real estate expansion will most likely run its cycle before the age to retire is fully here, cycle timing becomes more of an issue.
Also explored in the video:
- What retirement means if principals never fully retire,
- Where investor groups fit into the retirement scenario,
- The nature of "crossroads decisions,"
- Selecting future leadership for the operating company, and
- What to think about when approaching post-transition strategies.
To watch the full video, click the image above.