AIG CRE Event Stresses Patience for the Recovery
NEW YORK CITY-Kenneth McCarthy, chief economist at Cushman & Wakefield, gives a presentation on the overall economy and how it impacts commercial real estate at a recent AIG-sponsored business seminar. His wide-ranging discussion touches on everything from the national unemployment situation to trends in the commercial real estate industry.
In 2013, AIGís Real Estate Industry Practice Group, led by Joseph Fobert, who introduces McCarthy, has partnered with Cushman & Wakefield and GlobeSt.com to promote how the firm demonstrates thought leadership in the industry. Look for a full Thought Leadership program, including white papers by AIG, throughout the year.
Among the many issues McCarthy talks about during his presentation include:
- The history of our recent recovery from the recession.
- How the energy and technology sectors are leading the recovery.
- The cities that are performing the best in this environment.
- How pent-up consumer demand , and the housing recovery are impacting commercial real estate.
- The impact of the European debt crisis.
- The state of the commercial real estate industry in New York City.
Going away this summer? Stay informed with GlobeSt.com's National AM Alert. Don't miss any of the latest transactions and be aware of industry activities even if you're out of the office. Sign Up Today!