Thank you for sharing!

Your article was successfully shared with the contacts you provided.
Tim Gosselin Gosselin: “Make sure you’re insured for all the additional things above and beyond the actual property, like building to Title 24 and ADA requirements.”

SAN DIEGO—Due to damage caused by wildfires and mudslides, property-insurance rates are likely to go up this year. Tim Gosselin, VP at Lee & Associates, and Daniel Olson, a broker with Wateridge Insurance Services, recently filmed a video explaining how property-insurance rates will be affected by recent natural disasters and what owners should know about this issue. We spoke with Gosselin and Olson about how California property owners should approach their property-insurance policy and what to avoid.

Carrie Rossenfeld

Carrie Rossenfeld is a reporter for the San Diego and Orange County markets on GlobeSt.com and a contributor to Real Estate Forum. She was a trade-magazine and newsletter editor in New York City before moving to Southern California to become a freelance writer and editor for magazines, books and websites. Rossenfeld has written extensively on topics including commercial real estate, running a medical practice, intellectual-property licensing and giftware. She has edited books about profiting from real estate and has ghostwritten a book about starting a home-based business.

More from this author


Join GlobeSt

Don't miss crucial news and insights you need to make informed commercial real estate decisions. Join GlobeSt.com now!

  • Free unlimited access to GlobeSt.com's trusted and independent team of experts who provide commercial real estate owners, investors, developers, brokers and finance professionals with comprehensive coverage, analysis and best practices necessary to innovate and build business.
  • Exclusive discounts on ALM and GlobeSt events.
  • Access to other award-winning ALM websites including ThinkAdvisor.com and Law.com.

Already have an account? Sign In Now
Join GlobeSt

Copyright © 2019 ALM Media Properties, LLC. All Rights Reserved.