X

Thank you for sharing!

Your article was successfully shared with the contacts you provided.

(To read more on the industrial market, click here.)

AMSTERDAM-ProLogis plans to float its European property division to raise euro 738 million ($936.65 million). A company statement says it will offer 49.7 million shares in the IPO, and there will be an over-allotment option of an additional 6.1 million shares.

The firm estimates the indicative price range for the offering at euro 14.35 ($18.21) to euro 14.85 ($18.84) per share. The company expects to announce the final offer price on about Sept. 22, and shares are due to start trading before the end of September on Amsterdam’s Euronext exchange. After the offering, the company will have a total of 188.7 million shares, giving it an expected market capitalization of euro 2.7 billion ($3.4 billion) to euro 2.8 billion ($3.6 billion).

Some of the company’s existing shareholders will be reducing their stakes as part of the IPO, a spokesman says. The IPO represents 26% of the company’s total share capital. US parent company ProLogis will retain its 24% stake in the subsidiary following the move.The remaining 50% of ProLogis European Properties is held by 21 institutional investors, including ABP Stichting Pensioenfonds; Euro Industrial Properties Pte Ltd. (Government of Singapore); and Teachers Insurance, all three of which will be selling part of their stake.

The IPO will be the largest European property-company flotation since Canary Wharf Group’s euro 3.8-billion ($4.9-billion) flotation on the London Stock Exchange in 1999. ProLogis European Properties has a portfolio of 281 facilities, totaling 5.4 million sm in 11 European countries. It was valued at euro 4.2 billion ($5.3 billion) at the end of June.

Want to continue reading?
Become a Free ALM Digital Reader.

Once you are an ALM digital member, you’ll receive:

  • Unlimited access to GlobeSt and other free ALM publications
  • Access to 15 years of GlobeSt archives
  • Your choice of GlobeSt digital newsletters and over 70 others from popular sister publications
  • 3 free articles* across the ALM subscription network every 30 days
  • Exclusive discounts on ALM events and publications

*May exclude premium content
Already have an account?

GlobeSt. NET LEASE Awards 2020Event

These awards honor the industry's most influential and knowledgeable real estate executives from the net lease sector.

Get More Information
 

GlobeSt

Join GlobeSt

Don't miss crucial news and insights you need to make informed commercial real estate decisions. Join GlobeSt.com now!

  • Free unlimited access to GlobeSt.com's trusted and independent team of experts who provide commercial real estate owners, investors, developers, brokers and finance professionals with comprehensive coverage, analysis and best practices necessary to innovate and build business.
  • Exclusive discounts on ALM and GlobeSt events.
  • Access to other award-winning ALM websites including ThinkAdvisor.com and Law.com.

Already have an account? Sign In Now
Join GlobeSt

Copyright © 2020 ALM Media Properties, LLC. All Rights Reserved.