X

Thank you for sharing!

Your article was successfully shared with the contacts you provided.

HENDERSON, NV-The 493-room Hyatt Regency Lake Las Vegas Resort is changing hands. Privately held Loews Hotels of New York City said Monday it will operate the hotel here and have a 25% equity stake in the new ownership group, but did not reveal the price or its partner, a “single investor” that will hold the remaining 75% stake.

The seller is a joint venture among affiliates of Cook Inlet Region Inc. of Anchorage; Hyatt Corp. of Chicago; Transcontinental Corp. of Santa Barbara, CA; and Woodbine Development Corp. of Dallas. The sale is expected to close in early December.

Hyatt Regency Lake Las Vegas Resort represents Loews Hotels’ first property in Nevada. The company had previously announced plans to build within the Lake Las Vegas community, but this more immediate entry replaces those plans, a company source tells GlobeSt.com.

Completed in 1999 at a cost of $150 million, Hyatt Regency Lake Las Vegas Resort is a 22-acre development surrounded by a 177-acre Jack Nicklaus-designed golf course. The hotel has four restaurants, a 9,000-sf spa, two swimming pools and a children’s camp facility. Lake Las Vegas itself is a 2,245-acre master-planned resort community with hotels, condotels, pure condominiums, fractional properties and single-family homes located 17 miles east-southeast of Las Vegas, on the western edge of the Lake Mead National Recreation Area.

Loews, which owns 17 hotels, says it plans to invest $5 million to bring the Hyatt property up to its standards, which are said to exceed the requirements for AAA’s four-diamond rating. The improvements will include the addition of 32-inch flat screen televisions in all guest rooms; the renovation of all rooms, especially bathrooms; updating of the resort’s pool decks, cabanas and palm-shaded terraces; and renovation of the lakeside fire pit. The managing director of the resort will be Dale McDaniel, most recently general manager of Loews Royal Pacific Resort in Orlando.

Want to continue reading?
Become a Free ALM Digital Reader.

Once you are an ALM digital member, you’ll receive:

  • Unlimited access to GlobeSt and other free ALM publications
  • Access to 15 years of GlobeSt archives
  • Your choice of GlobeSt digital newsletters and over 70 others from popular sister publications
  • 1 free article* every 30 days across the ALM subscription network
  • Exclusive discounts on ALM events and publications

*May exclude premium content
Already have an account?

 

GlobeSt

Join GlobeSt

Don't miss crucial news and insights you need to make informed commercial real estate decisions. Join GlobeSt.com now!

  • Free unlimited access to GlobeSt.com's trusted and independent team of experts who provide commercial real estate owners, investors, developers, brokers and finance professionals with comprehensive coverage, analysis and best practices necessary to innovate and build business.
  • Exclusive discounts on ALM and GlobeSt events.
  • Access to other award-winning ALM websites including ThinkAdvisor.com and Law.com.

Already have an account? Sign In Now
Join GlobeSt
Live Chat

Copyright © 2021 ALM Media Properties, LLC. All Rights Reserved.