ST. LOUIS-G REIT Inc. has sold its majority share in the 434,000-sf One Financial Plaza office building for $47 million to Parmenter Realty Partners. G REIT owned 77.6% of the building, and tenant-in-common investors owned the remaining 22.4%.

The 12-story tower was built in 1985, and is 85% occupied, with tenants including Jacobs Engineering Inc., Stifel Nicolaus & Co. and the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis. The property is at the corner of Broadway and Washington. G-REIT bought the building in August 2004 for $37 million, and after payments cleared about $11.5 million from the sale. The company has sold 13 properties, including this one, as part of a stockholder-approved plan of liquidation.

Parmenter has acquired $35.7 million in financing for the purchase from New York City-based Centerline Capital Group, which contributed the loan to a securitization which bought the remainder. “By purchasing the non-rated tranch and acting as a special servicer, we ensure that the loan won’t be sold,” says Michael L. Allen, managing director with Centerline’s Commercial Real Estate Group.

Steve Bronner, managing principal with Parmenter, says that his company has tracked St. Louis for a number of years. “Historically, this market has been kind of limping along,” Bronner tells “We’ve now seen good indications of a positive trend. Occupancies have climbed to 90%, and there’s been positive absorption, that’s going to stat showing some effect. Our basis is $108 per foot, we think the average rents will have an upside to them.” He says that the lease rates in the building average $16 to $17 per sf, “but we think it will approach $20 per sf.”

Bronner says the city’s office difficulties and return to power can be traced. “St. Louis was hurt when the city passed an employment tax, we saw a significant outflow of a lot of jobs,” he says. “However, the suburban market rents have increased to the point where it’s cheaper to rent space downtown, even with paying the tax.” Also, he says a number of employers want to be downtown, to reach the closer southern Illinois worker base. “The western suburbs just are not as convenient,” Bronner says.

Want to continue reading?
Become a Free ALM Digital Reader.

Once you are an ALM digital member, you’ll receive:

  • Unlimited access to GlobeSt and other free ALM publications
  • Access to 15 years of GlobeSt archives
  • Your choice of GlobeSt digital newsletters and over 70 others from popular sister publications
  • 1 free article* every 30 days across the ALM subscription network
  • Exclusive discounts on ALM events and publications

*May exclude premium content
Already have an account?


© 2023 ALM Global, LLC, All Rights Reserved. Request academic re-use from All other uses, submit a request to [email protected]. For more information visit Asset & Logo Licensing.



Join GlobeSt

Don't miss crucial news and insights you need to make informed commercial real estate decisions. Join now!

  • Free unlimited access to's trusted and independent team of experts who provide commercial real estate owners, investors, developers, brokers and finance professionals with comprehensive coverage, analysis and best practices necessary to innovate and build business.
  • Exclusive discounts on ALM and GlobeSt events.
  • Access to other award-winning ALM websites including and

Already have an account? Sign In Now
Join GlobeSt

Copyright © 2023 ALM Global, LLC. All Rights Reserved.