NORCROSS, GA-Triple Net Properties LLC, based in Santa Ana, CA, has acquired an approximate 99,000-sf office building at 3550 Engineering Dr. The building was purchased from Southeast Partners, based in the Netherlands, says Jake Young, acquisitions associate with Triple Net. A sales price and a cap rate were not disclosed.

Justin Parsonnet, with CB Richard Ellis, represented Southeast Partners. Joseph Byers, with Commercial Realty Capital, arranged the financing which was provided by PNC Bank, National Association. Southeast Partners acquired the property, which was constructed in 1998, about three or four years ago for a fund, Young says. Southeast was liquidating the fund and this was the last property to be sold, he says.

Triple Net acquired the property, in part, because it has a “stabilized rent roll,” says Jeff Hanson, chief investment officer of Triple Net. The four-story building, located in the Technology Business Park of Peachtree Corners, is currently 100% leased to eight tenants. Fair Isaac Corp. and Novasoft Information Technology Corp. together lease 75% of the building with the other six tenants leasing the remaining 25% of the space. Fair Isaac and Novasoft Information Technology both recently renewed their leases for 10 terms expiring in 2018, Hanson says. The asking lease rate for the building is $20 per sf gross. The average lease rate in the building is approximately 10% below market rates giving Triple Net the opportunity to increase rents, Hanson says.

Triple Net was also interested in the property it had a low replacement cost and because “Norcross is a very strong region of northern Atlanta,” Hanson says. Additionally, Triple Net is opening its 11th regional office in Atlanta. “We have been acquiring a lot of assets in this marketplace,” Hanson says. “We have been in Atlanta for a number of years but we have really begun a hard pressed acquisition effort over the last nine months.”

Triple Net has acquired approximately $400 million of property in the Atlanta area in the past eight to nine months. Other recent acquisitions include the 276-unit Retreat at Stonecrest apartment community at 40 Amanda Dr. and the 200-unit Century Hills apartment community in Augusta, as reported by

Want to continue reading?
Become a Free ALM Digital Reader.

Once you are an ALM digital member, you’ll receive:

  • Unlimited access to GlobeSt and other free ALM publications
  • Access to 15 years of GlobeSt archives
  • Your choice of GlobeSt digital newsletters and over 70 others from popular sister publications
  • 1 free article* every 30 days across the ALM subscription network
  • Exclusive discounts on ALM events and publications

*May exclude premium content
Already have an account?


© 2023 ALM Global, LLC, All Rights Reserved. Request academic re-use from All other uses, submit a request to [email protected]. For more information visit Asset & Logo Licensing.



Join GlobeSt

Don't miss crucial news and insights you need to make informed commercial real estate decisions. Join now!

  • Free unlimited access to's trusted and independent team of experts who provide commercial real estate owners, investors, developers, brokers and finance professionals with comprehensive coverage, analysis and best practices necessary to innovate and build business.
  • Exclusive discounts on ALM and GlobeSt events.
  • Access to other award-winning ALM websites including and

Already have an account? Sign In Now
Join GlobeSt

Copyright © 2023 ALM Global, LLC. All Rights Reserved.