X

Thank you for sharing!

Your article was successfully shared with the contacts you provided.

OMAHA, NE-Chicago-based Redwood Capital Partners has confirmed that it has purchased the 314-unit Steeplechase Apartments here, from Executive Capital, on behalf of a private firm under a tenant-in-common structure. Sources say the purchase price was about $25 million.”

Principal David Carlson tells GlobeSt.com that the purchase was made because of the high demand and low supply in the area. “There’s been relatively limited development in the area over the last few years, with no development projected, and that bodes well for rent-growth prospects,” he says. “On the west end of Omaha is a fantastic demographic and employment base, particularly along Maple Road.”

The 10-year-old Steeplechase complex, consisting of 21 three-story buildings at 14949 Manderson Plaza in the city’s southwest submarket, is 94% occupied. Amenities include a large fitness center, outdoor swimming pool, in-unit washers and dryers, nine-foot ceilings, fireplaces, garages and balconies/patios. Rents range from $649 per month for a one-bedroom unit to $1,039 per month for a three-bedroom apartment.

Redwood invests in multifamily properties with about 80% of the portfolio being value-add and the other 20% as tenant-in-common, with a concentration in the Midwest, Southeast and sunbelt states. “We think Omaha is a strong market, especially with the amount of universities and jobs at companies such as Mutual of Omaha and Conagra,” Carlson says.

Want to continue reading?
Become a Free ALM Digital Reader.

Once you are an ALM digital member, you’ll receive:

  • Unlimited access to GlobeSt and other free ALM publications
  • Access to 15 years of GlobeSt archives
  • Your choice of GlobeSt digital newsletters and over 70 others from popular sister publications
  • 3 free articles* across the ALM subscription network every 30 days
  • Exclusive discounts on ALM events and publications

*May exclude premium content
Already have an account?

GlobeSt. Apartments 2020Event

Join 1000+ of the industry's top owners, investors, developers, brokers & financiers at THE MULTIFAMILY EVENT OF THE YEAR!

Get More Information
 

GlobeSt

Join GlobeSt

Don't miss crucial news and insights you need to make informed commercial real estate decisions. Join GlobeSt.com now!

  • Free unlimited access to GlobeSt.com's trusted and independent team of experts who provide commercial real estate owners, investors, developers, brokers and finance professionals with comprehensive coverage, analysis and best practices necessary to innovate and build business.
  • Exclusive discounts on ALM and GlobeSt events.
  • Access to other award-winning ALM websites including ThinkAdvisor.com and Law.com.

Already have an account? Sign In Now
Join GlobeSt

Copyright © 2020 ALM Media Properties, LLC. All Rights Reserved.