X

Thank you for sharing!

Your article was successfully shared with the contacts you provided.

So, how’s business lately? Respondents to last week’s Quick Poll question aren’t quite so positive on the question, with 70% responding that “it’s a long ways out” while the other 30% indicate “we’re definitely seeing an upturn.” Cynthia Shelton, president of the Florida Association of Realtors and director of investment sales with Colliers Arnold in Orlando, sees things from both commercial and residential points of view.

“From the residential side, we have seen 12 contiguous months of increase in transaction volume and three months of increased pricing, although very small. Usually that means we’re finally leveling off.

“We will see some markets where drop, but we’re starting to see three to five contracts come in on the housing market. My friends on the residential side tell me they are as busy as they have ever been.

“Commercial always trails 12 to 18 months behind residential. High unemployment is impacting all sectors and availability of financing is another problem. I have buyers that want to buy, but they can’t get financing.

“You can get recourse debt, but that require 30% or 40% down and some banks still won’t make commercial loans. If we can ever get jobs and financing turned around, we will be doing a lot better.

“The commercial market is still going to be slow for the next 12 months, but there are buyers out there for certain product types. For example, single-tenant net lease product in the $1 million to $3 million range is selling at close to asking price.”

Want to continue reading?
Become a Free ALM Digital Reader.

Once you are an ALM digital member, you’ll receive:

  • Unlimited access to GlobeSt and other free ALM publications
  • Access to 15 years of GlobeSt archives
  • Your choice of GlobeSt digital newsletters and over 70 others from popular sister publications
  • 1 free article* every 30 days across the ALM subscription network
  • Exclusive discounts on ALM events and publications

*May exclude premium content
Already have an account?

Dig Deeper

GlobeSt

Join GlobeSt

Don't miss crucial news and insights you need to make informed commercial real estate decisions. Join GlobeSt.com now!

  • Free unlimited access to GlobeSt.com's trusted and independent team of experts who provide commercial real estate owners, investors, developers, brokers and finance professionals with comprehensive coverage, analysis and best practices necessary to innovate and build business.
  • Exclusive discounts on ALM and GlobeSt events.
  • Access to other award-winning ALM websites including ThinkAdvisor.com and Law.com.

Already have an account? Sign In Now
Join GlobeSt

Copyright © 2021 ALM Media Properties, LLC. All Rights Reserved.