X

Thank you for sharing!

Your article was successfully shared with the contacts you provided.

MADRID-Spanish tax authorities have agreed to the deferment of a payment of $367 million due from struggling Spanish listed property company Reyal Urbis, the latest move in a huge $5.5 billion restructuring of financial liabilities of the real estate company.

Chaired and controlled by Rafael Santamaría, Reyal Urbis in mid-May signed a credit refinancing agreement with syndicated lenders covering most of the debt of the company and its Portuguese subsidiary, as well as instruments subscribed to by Reyal Urbis, according to a filing with Spain’s stock market regulator CNMV.

Reyal Urbis summarized the main characteristics as the extension of the syndicated credit until December 2016, a $917 million reduction of financial debt to $4.6 billion through the sale to banks of residential land and 400 dwellings, and a line of credit for a maximum $350 million, included in previous amounts. RU has also agreed a new $42.8 million liquidity line to meet treasury needs. A transfer of assets to creditor banks forms part of the agreement.

Over one month, a number of debtor banks will be able to purchase residential land up to a maximum amount of $611 million from RU. The landmark Castellana 200 mixed-use project, suspended in 2009, will be transferred to a unit in which it will own 93% of equity capital and 49% of voting rights. The remaining 51% will be held by five creditor banks.

The company has also committed to balance income and operating expenses. Its main sources of income now will be from the ABC Serrano shopping centre in Madrid and office buildings Edificio Torrelaguna, Marcelo Espínola and Avenida San Luis – as well as the Rafael Hotels chain. The company has also committed to drastically cut development and only continue with those that have imminent hand-over dates. pie

Allan Saundersonis a managing editor of Property Investor Europe and a contributor to GlobeSt.com.

Want to continue reading?
Become a Free ALM Digital Reader.

Once you are an ALM digital member, you’ll receive:

  • Unlimited access to GlobeSt and other free ALM publications
  • Access to 15 years of GlobeSt archives
  • Your choice of GlobeSt digital newsletters and over 70 others from popular sister publications
  • 1 free article* every 30 days across the ALM subscription network
  • Exclusive discounts on ALM events and publications

*May exclude premium content
Already have an account?

 

GlobeSt. Multifamily Spring 2022 (Formerly APTS)Event

Join the industry's top owners, investors, developers, brokers & financiers at THE MULTIFAMILY EVENT OF THE YEAR!

Get More Information
 

GlobeSt Net Lease Spring 2022Event

This conference brings together the industry's most influential & knowledgeable real estate executives from the net lease sector.

Get More Information
 

GlobeSt

Join GlobeSt

Don't miss crucial news and insights you need to make informed commercial real estate decisions. Join GlobeSt.com now!

  • Free unlimited access to GlobeSt.com's trusted and independent team of experts who provide commercial real estate owners, investors, developers, brokers and finance professionals with comprehensive coverage, analysis and best practices necessary to innovate and build business.
  • Exclusive discounts on ALM and GlobeSt events.
  • Access to other award-winning ALM websites including ThinkAdvisor.com and Law.com.

Already have an account? Sign In Now
Join GlobeSt
Live Chat

Copyright © 2022 ALM Media Properties, LLC. All Rights Reserved.