Thank you for sharing!

Your article was successfully shared with the contacts you provided.

Now that you have obtained a judgment, how do you collect from the judgment debtor? There are always the traditional methods of enforcement, such as obtaining a writ of attachment, wage garnishment, filing an abstract of judgment or utilizing the sheriff’s department to garnish wages or rental income. However, each of those methods is limited in their scope and may not provide the desired result, which is the collection of your judgment.

If you are faced with a more complex collection situation that involves fraud, the illegal transfer of assets, hiding of assets or other activities that might make the traditional method of enforcing a judgment ineffective, the appointment of a receiver is an option worth considering.

Want to continue reading?
Become a Free ALM Digital Reader.

Once you are an ALM digital member, you’ll receive:

  • Unlimited access to GlobeSt and other free ALM publications
  • Access to 15 years of GlobeSt archives
  • Your choice of GlobeSt digital newsletters and over 70 others from popular sister publications
  • 1 free article* every 30 days across the ALM subscription network
  • Exclusive discounts on ALM events and publications

*May exclude premium content
Already have an account?


Join GlobeSt

Don't miss crucial news and insights you need to make informed commercial real estate decisions. Join GlobeSt.com now!

  • Free unlimited access to GlobeSt.com's trusted and independent team of experts who provide commercial real estate owners, investors, developers, brokers and finance professionals with comprehensive coverage, analysis and best practices necessary to innovate and build business.
  • Exclusive discounts on ALM and GlobeSt events.
  • Access to other award-winning ALM websites including ThinkAdvisor.com and Law.com.

Already have an account? Sign In Now
Join GlobeSt

Copyright © 2021 ALM Media Properties, LLC. All Rights Reserved.