X

Thank you for sharing!

Your article was successfully shared with the contacts you provided.

CBRE has acquired a 35% stake in flexible workplace provider Industrious and has plans in the coming weeks to acquire another 5% ownership for a total of 40%. The deal makes CBRE the company’s largest shareholder and significantly increases CBRE’s footprint in the flex workplace sector. 

CBRE paid $200 million for Industrious’ primary and secondary shares. The deal also includes the transfer of Hana, CBRE’s own flex space offering. The transfer provides the necessary scale for CBRE to answer to the growing demand for flex space with a first class operator, Andrew Kupiec, CEO of Hana, tells GlobeSt.com. When the transaction closes, the 10 existing Hana locations in the US and UK will be operated by Industrious.

Want to continue reading?
Become a Free ALM Digital Reader.

Once you are an ALM digital member, you’ll receive:

  • Unlimited access to GlobeSt and other free ALM publications
  • Access to 15 years of GlobeSt archives
  • Your choice of GlobeSt digital newsletters and over 70 others from popular sister publications
  • 1 free article* every 30 days across the ALM subscription network
  • Exclusive discounts on ALM events and publications

*May exclude premium content
Already have an account?

Erika Morphy

Erika Morphy has been writing about commercial real estate at GlobeSt.com for more than ten years, covering the capital markets, the Mid-Atlantic region and national topics. She's a nerd so favorite examples of the former include accounting standards, Basel III and what Congress is brewing.

More from this author

GlobeSt

Join GlobeSt

Don't miss crucial news and insights you need to make informed commercial real estate decisions. Join GlobeSt.com now!

  • Free unlimited access to GlobeSt.com's trusted and independent team of experts who provide commercial real estate owners, investors, developers, brokers and finance professionals with comprehensive coverage, analysis and best practices necessary to innovate and build business.
  • Exclusive discounts on ALM and GlobeSt events.
  • Access to other award-winning ALM websites including ThinkAdvisor.com and Law.com.

Already have an account? Sign In Now
Join GlobeSt

Copyright © 2021 ALM Media Properties, LLC. All Rights Reserved.