SAN FRANCISCO-Cedar Shopping Centers is selling an 80% stake in nine centers valued at $170 million. The Port Washington, NY-based public company sold the interest to a subsidiary of Homburg Invest Inc., a Halifax, Nova Scotia-based public company. Cedar retains the remaining 20% stake as well as the fee-based management assignment for the new joint venture.

Eight of the shopping centers are located in Pennsylvania and the ninth is located in Massachusetts. Five of the properties, all anchored by Giant supermarkets, are in the process of being acquired by Cedar from Caldwell Development Corp.

The joint venture is structured through US limited partnerships such that, at Homburg’s election, it could sell a portion of its ownership to individual investors in Europe. The agreement is subject to a 30 day due diligence period.

Cedar Shopping Centers owns and operates 99 of primarily supermarket- and drug store-anchored centers with an aggregate leasable area of approximately 10.2 million square feet. Cedar also owns 16 development parcels aggregating approximately 178 acres. Homburg Invest owns and develops a diversified portfolio including office, retail, industrial and residential apartment and townhouse properties throughout Canada, the United States and Western Europe.

Want to continue reading?
Become a Free ALM Digital Reader.

Once you are an ALM digital member, you’ll receive:

  • Unlimited access to GlobeSt and other free ALM publications
  • Access to 15 years of GlobeSt archives
  • Your choice of GlobeSt digital newsletters and over 70 others from popular sister publications
  • 1 free article* every 30 days across the ALM subscription network
  • Exclusive discounts on ALM events and publications

*May exclude premium content
Already have an account?


NOT FOR REPRINT

© 2024 ALM Global, LLC, All Rights Reserved. Request academic re-use from www.copyright.com. All other uses, submit a request to [email protected]. For more information visit Asset & Logo Licensing.

Dig Deeper

GlobeSt Net Lease Spring 2024Event

This conference brings together the industry's most influential & knowledgeable real estate executives from the net lease sector.

Get More Information
 

GlobeSt

Join GlobeSt

Don't miss crucial news and insights you need to make informed commercial real estate decisions. Join GlobeSt.com now!

  • Free unlimited access to GlobeSt.com's trusted and independent team of experts who provide commercial real estate owners, investors, developers, brokers and finance professionals with comprehensive coverage, analysis and best practices necessary to innovate and build business.
  • Exclusive discounts on ALM and GlobeSt events.
  • Access to other award-winning ALM websites including ThinkAdvisor.com and Law.com.

Already have an account? Sign In Now
Join GlobeSt

Copyright © 2024 ALM Global, LLC. All Rights Reserved.