NEWPORT BEACH, CA—Today’s retail owners are increasingly pushing the envelope of shopping-center design by bringing solutions such as innovative landscaping to the forefront of their developments, Lifescapes’ Julie Brinkerhoff-Jacobs tells GlobeSt.com.
Orange County Headlines
SAN DIEGO—Typically agile and highly motivated on the upside, these buyers also often have the downside of inexperience, inadequate capital and too many decision makers to close a timely deal, C&W’s Jeffrey Cole tells GlobeSt.com.
IRVINE, CA—Due to the lack of available land for new development, more occupiers are expected to turn to older buildings that can be significantly renovated to provide the functionality needed today, JLL’s Jared Dienstag tells GlobeSt.com.
IRVINE, CA—Millennials, Gen-Xers and Baby Boomers are all opting for apartment living over owning a home, motivated by experience, lifestyle and affordability, Steadfast’s Ella Shaw Neyland tells GlobeSt.com.
More Orange County Headlines
- How to Stand Out with Larger Office Users
- $40M Office Buy Features Reciprocal Parking Arrangement
- Market Showing Signs of Transition
- Food Halls Vs. Restaurants: Comparing Investments
- What Will Affect Loan-Application Issues in 2017?
- Will Trump’s Policies Be Good for Retail?
- Housing Industry Poised for More Growth in 2017
- How Mortgage-Industry Priorities Are Shifting
SAN FRANCISCO—The new Central Subway will bring thousands of locals and tourists each day to the front step of newly financed 39 Stockton St., which will substantially increase the desirability of the property.
SACRAMENTO—Magilla is a free lending platform that connects borrowers to FDIC-insured banks with just an email address; no personal information, social security number, credit check or bank statements.
SAN FRANCISCO—Albeit at a slower pace, there is still positive rent growth in some markets, wages continue to grow, national unemployment is less than 5% and the millennial population continues to rent.
More National Headlines
- Triumphing With Multiple-Conversion Properties
- What the Jump in 10-Year Rates Did to Pricing
- Landscape Design Trends in Retail
- Lessons Learned From Previous Mergers
- CA Supreme Court at Transfer Tax Crossroads
- Middle Market Digest: This Week in the North West
- TIAA, Korean Fund Launch New JV
- 2016 Sees Surge in Demand for Data Centers
Facing continued slow and steady growth in US GDP, heightened global uncertainty and lower yield expectations, institutions don’t anticipate tapping the brakes on investment any time soon.
Commercial Real Estate Events
Sectors to Watch
Most Popular Stories
PALO ALTO, CA—GlobeSt.com chats with McNellis Partners’ John McNellis about his new book, Making it in Real Estate.
SANTA BARBARA, CA—Amid a generally positive outlook for apartments in 2017, Yardi Matrix does see issues with oversupply and a slowdown in rent increases in some metro areas.
ST. LOUIS—CRE has entered the digital era, and thanks to the emergence of online fundraising platforms, developers can easily streamline and enhance the manner in which they raise money says a source in this EXCLUSIVE commentary.