X

Thank you for sharing!

Your article was successfully shared with the contacts you provided.

MIAMI-Locally based Related Group confirmed Monday that entertainment power couple Marc Anthony and Jennifer Lopez have purchased a condominium unit in the company’s Icon Brickell development. Anthony, a popular singer/actor and part-owner of the Miami Dolphins, was in town to perform the national anthem for Monday night’s game versus the New York Jets at Land Shark Stadium.

“We are thrilled that Marc Anthony and Jennifer Lopez have selected Icon Brickell for their new home in Miami,” Kenneth Smuts, Related Group vice president, said in a prepared statement. He declined to disclose additional details of the condo sale, noting that the deal had not yet closed.

People magazine reported on its Web site nearly three weeks ago that Anthony and Lopez, also a singer and actor, were buying a home at Icon, a 1,650-unit complex with three towers up to 60 stories high at 465 Brickell Ave. in Downtown Miami. “When we are through decorating the condo, it will be one of the sexiest places in town,” Anthony said at the time.

Meanwhile, the Miami Condo Investments blog stated that the couple signed contracts on 10 Icon units over the weekend, paying a reduced price between $350 and $400 per square foot. Smuts told the Daily Business Review that he was “not aware” of such a deal.

Anthony is connected to Related Group chief Jorge Perez by a small financial interest in the Dolphins. Stephen Ross, a minority partner in Related Group, owns 95% of the National Football League franchise while the other 5% is shared among VIPs such as musicians Emilio and Gloria Estefan and tennis stars Venus and Serena Williams, according to ESPN.

Sales of Miami luxury condos are becoming a more common occurrence. This summer, pro basketball star Amar’e Stoudemire paid $5.6 million for a 4,841-square-foot penthouse unit at W South Beach at 2201 Collins Ave., Daily Business Review reported.

Want to continue reading?
Become a Free ALM Digital Reader.

Once you are an ALM digital member, you’ll receive:

  • Unlimited access to GlobeSt and other free ALM publications
  • Access to 15 years of GlobeSt archives
  • Your choice of GlobeSt digital newsletters and over 70 others from popular sister publications
  • 1 free article* every 30 days across the ALM subscription network
  • Exclusive discounts on ALM events and publications

*May exclude premium content
Already have an account?

GlobeSt. APARTMENTS SPRING 2021Event

Join 1000+ of the industry's top owners, investors, developers, brokers & financiers at THE MULTIFAMILY EVENT OF THE YEAR!

Get More Information
 

GlobeSt

Join GlobeSt

Don't miss crucial news and insights you need to make informed commercial real estate decisions. Join GlobeSt.com now!

  • Free unlimited access to GlobeSt.com's trusted and independent team of experts who provide commercial real estate owners, investors, developers, brokers and finance professionals with comprehensive coverage, analysis and best practices necessary to innovate and build business.
  • Exclusive discounts on ALM and GlobeSt events.
  • Access to other award-winning ALM websites including ThinkAdvisor.com and Law.com.

Already have an account? Sign In Now
Join GlobeSt

Copyright © 2021 ALM Media Properties, LLC. All Rights Reserved.