NEW YORK CITY-While the East coast may have experienced some unseasonably warm temperatures this week, it is still very much mid-January and time for the annual REBNY banquet. This year, six prominent New Yorkers in the commercial real estate industry will be recognized for their achievements. A release from the organization outlined this year’s honorees which are as follows:
- Donald Zucker, Chairman, Donald Zucker Company: Bernard H. Mendik Lifetime Leadership in Real Estate Award
- Mike Fishman, International Executive Vice President, Service Employees : The Harry B. Helmsley Distinguished New Yorker Award
- Dottie Herman, President and CEO, Douglas Elliman: Kenneth R. Gerrety Humanitarian Award (check out an interview with last year’s recipient amela Liebman, president and chief executive officer of the Corcoran Group,)
- Woody Heller, Executive Managing Director, Studley: The Louis Smadbeck Broker Recognition Award,
- Dick Concannon, Senior Vice President: Rudin Management, The George M. Brooker Management Executive of the Year Award,
- William Montana, Managing Director, Studley: The Young Real Estate Man of the Year Award
Additionally, the “topic” of REBNY’s 117th banquet will focus on a hot issue in the market here: East Midtown Zoning. REBNY president Steven Spinola wrote a column for Globest.com focusing on the very subject. And when the news started to trickle out last year, Globest.com reporters took a look at the perks to rezoning in the neighborhood, versus potential challenges.
So, before REBNY’s annual hit event, we want to know: What are your thoughts on East Midtown Rezoning? Weigh in with your comments below.
Additionally, to those on Twitter, if you’re going to this year’s event, tweet us with the hashtag #REBNY117 – what are you most looking forward to about the 117th banquet?