HUNTINGTON BEACH, CA—Pacific Hospitality Group and R.D. Olson Development have broken ground on Paséa Hotel & Spa, an eight-story, 250-room luxury hotel to be integrated with the 191,000-square-foot Pacific City retail and entertainment center also under development here by DJM Capital Partners. The parties involved declined to reveal to GlobeSt.com the total estimated construction costs for the project.
As GlobeSt.com reported in March, the hotel, to be situated across from the Huntington Beach Pier, is designed to take advantage of the Southern California beach-inspired lifestyle, with each room featuring ocean views from spacious balconies with curvilinear glass balustrades, according to Bob Olson, founder and CEO of R.D. Olson. “This hotel will have a contemporary design that will fit perfectly into the beach community of Orange County.”
R.D. Olson Construction is general contractor for the project, which is scheduled for completion in early 2016. PHG will manage the property as a part of its growing Meritage Collection, which includes independent hotels, resorts, wineries and golf courses in California travel destinations including Napa Valley, Newport Beach, Santa Barbara and La Jolla.
Some features of the new hotel will include:
- 250 ocean-view rooms and suites
- Balinese-inspired spa with indoor and outdoor treatment areas
- Custom-designed pool area including an outdoor courtyard with water and fire features
- Signature restaurant with display exposition cooking and floor-to-ceiling views through warehouse glass into the kitchen, as well as a wood-fired inferno centerpiece
- Rooftop deck and bar overlooking the Pacific Ocean
- Outdoor dining patio overlooking the ocean
- More than 250,000 square feet of event space, including an 8,700-square-foot ballroom and 6,000-square-foot event lawn, plus 10 meeting rooms of various sizes
- A “social room” with built-in bar, advanced AV, music and technology to personalize events
- Blend Café serving coffee, pastries, sandwiches and early-evening wine by the glass
According to Tim Busch, CEO of PHG, “We see Paséa Hotel & Spa as the quintessential location for group meetings and business conferences in Huntington Beach, as well as for the multigenerational guest seeking an active-lifestyle travel experience.”
Kory Kramer, CIO of PHG, adds that the hotel targets both leisure and business travelers.
In other R.D. Olson news, the firm was recently named Developer of the Year by Marriott International at the hotelier’s annual owner’s conference. Olson was recognized for outstanding accomplishments in the development of hotel projects in high-barrier markets and was given Marriott’s Icon Award for excellence in architecture and construction.